Royal Army Medical Corps
He was born in Hereford, Herefordshire about 1866 (45 in 1911) to Robert and Jemima. He was aged 35 in 1903 at the consecration of Comrades Lodge.
In 1881 he was living in Leominster, Herefordshire at 45 Eign Street and is a Clerk. Louisa and Robert were living at this address along with Jemima’s mother.
He was married as proved on the 1911 census, but cannot find record
He died at Ipswich around December 1948.
Military• 1897 Posted Malta • 1897 Corporal Medical Staff Corps • 1899-1902 Second Anglo-Boer War 2nd Class Staff Sergeant, Royal Army Medical Corps • 1903 Staff Sergeant Royal Army Medical Corps, Military Hospital, Ipswich • 1911 Staff Sergeant Royal Army Medical Corps , Royal Artillery Barracks, Ipswich • 1918 Temp Quartermaster & Hon. Temp Lt Royal Army Medical Corps (V)
- L1923 United Brethren Malta 7th October 1897
- Initiated: 7th October 1897
- Passed: 6th November 1897
- Raised: 4th December 1897
- GLC: 13th December 1897)
- Cleared 6th April 1898
- L2976 Comrades Lodge Colchester Essex 3rd June 1903 – 19th July 1911 (resigned)
- L3093 Corinthian Lodge Ipswich, Suffolk